Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Hometown Century 16 Shooting

So this is just a quick post about what is happening in Aurora, Colorado. Many of you, if you read my infromation, know I am from Colorado. What you might not know is that I was raised in Aurora. Though I don't live there now, my parents do, and I often stay with them during (this) summer.

What has happened has really put me in a shock. If you read the Brave review, I would like you to know that that was at the Century 16 movie theater. It is a mile away from where my parents live. About a five minute drive and a 30 minute walk.

I was very lucky not to have been there that night, because my brother was planing on taking my and my nephew, but I came back to where I live. So none of us went. However some of my friends went, and kids I knew in High School went.

All of my friends so far are fine, but my acquaintances that I have made through my college experience and High School where not so lucky.

So I would like to say good bye to them, and hope for the best recoveries of all the people that got hurt. It is really sad that for a time everyone will know where I grew up, not because of what we did, but because of what happened to us. Aurora, Colorado is now known for having the biggest massacre in U.S.A history, with 12 people dead and 58 people injured.

I guess I just wanted to say, my thoughts are with the people who passed away and their families. They are also with all the other people who are injured, and their families as well. We will all get through this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment