Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Some New Things: Books and Movies

So when I went out the other day I didn't really plan on buying anything, but we did go to a bookstore so naturally I was going to leave with something! I ended up leaving with a lot more than what I had planed on getting.

I love books, which means leaving a bookstore with one book is a bit odd for me. However I am on a tight budget and must watch my spending. Well after hearing John Green, writer of The Fault in our Stars and Looking for Alaska, rant and rave about this book I figured I would get it. It seems like a real interesting and promising book, and I couldn't wait to read it. It is Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. I look forward to reviewing it for you guys!

The next things I got where some movies! I was really excited because they were having a sale on the movies! Not only that but I found a couple of good finds if I do say so myself!

I have been looking for this movie everywhere for about two years, and I could only find it on the internet. No stores carried it, that I saw. I was always on the look out, searching every time we went to a place that sold DVD's. So imagine my surprise when I went to buy The Secret World of Arrietty I find the one movie I have been looking for, for about two years, The Nightmare Before Christmas! I was so excited I almost trampled over my family and friends that were there.

The next movie I only saw the end of it and really liked it surprisingly. You see this whole horror movie thing I am into, well I kinda just got into it. For like 18 years of my life I was never really a fan of it. And just these last four years ago I really got into thriller movies. So this movie to me was scary, too scary for me to watch. And I actually really enjoyed it, when I caught the end of it, and can't wait to see it from begging to end! To finally enjoy this classic movie, The Shinning.

The last thing I got isn't really all that hard to find. However it is a huge inspiration to me, not just in fashion but in my day to day life activities as well. It is just a movie I really enjoy to watch and relax too. Not to mention some of the most excellent songs! What can I say? I just really love Beatlejuice.

So that was what I got the other day! I am really happy with my purchases and will enjoy them greatly. Did you get anything new lately? Anything creepy and crawly? I hope you guys enjoy the week! See you soon.

Cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment