Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

How to Survie Dry Spells in Shopping

After buying my lucky pack from Angelic Pretty I put myself on an Shopping Hiatus, which didn't last long!(Yes things are in the mail, but they are more like accessories and stuff.) But I haven't bought a dress or anything like that! I wish. However I am fixing up my room first, because of this I am not buying any other things besides stuff for my room!
I have been planning this change in my room for almost two years, maybe even a little before! (You can read all about my changes here).
So, during this break in my recent found spending money on clothes, I finally made a livejournal and requested a feedback page! I also started looking up Mbok and Yahoo! Japan Auction!!! Seeing all these deals is making my wallet burn.
Naturally I am only punishing myself by looking at these sale posts and these websites! This gave me the idea to write this article~ I needed a way not to spend anymore money until I finished my room, but going on these sights is not helping becuase they have pretty good prices!!!
So I am making a list so I can still appericate and see the dresses
BUT not buy anything because they won't be sites where I can buy things anyway!!!

First and Foremost!


Every year the month of January is Egl's month to do your Wardrobe post, this is a great great way to look at what everyone else has! This is perfect, see the dresses, look at a whole wardrobe! See what they got, how they put it together. BUT no buying the dresses!!!!
Click here to check out the EGL Wardrobe posts!

I would also like to point out that I MUST STAY AWAY FROM comm_sales for egl!!! I can't buy anything!!! But I can look!! (I actually don't have my feedback page yet so I actually can't buy anything yet, but there is no point rubbing salt in the wound.)

Second~~
Lolita videos on YouTube!!

Someone you might recoginze! Lillith Gray, click here to check her youtube out
Click here if you want to see sunnymacabre's videos

I just search lolita fashion videos, tutorials, and most importantly right now for me is room tours!! Seeing as I am redoing my room this is really awesome because it gives me tons of ideas!
Also!!! I love seeing how lolitas differ!! Some are very minimal with their decorations and what they collect, others have stuff out of the wazoo!!! I just really really enjoy it!

Click here to see FilleDePorcelaine's videos

Click here to see deerstalkerpictures videos


I also fallow many lolita themed youtubers! I will put some around here, and even some you might remember or already know!

Click here to see Lovely Lor's videos
Click here to watch Princess Peachie's videos!

Third...


If you want to go to Hello lace click here!



HelloLace and Lolibrary! These are databases for clothes that brands release! Many people use these for references for wish lists or when they are selling a dress... I enjoy going through these websites just to see what the dresses where called, how much they originally cost. Also its pretty clothes with out the add to chart button! Woot woot!! It will also give me some great ideas of things to buy because of some extra dress research!

If you want to see Lolibrary Click here!

Fourth----

Reviewing lolita basics! A lot of these sites, like the lolibrary and the hellolace talk about the basics of the fashion and because I feel a little out of the loop just getting back into buying these clothes again its really nice to review why I started it and the basics of the fashion. These things fill me up with new unfounded zeal about these clothes and I get really motivated to finish my room!

Last But Not Least!


Tumblr!!! Well tumblr lolita and coords! If you have a tumblr you can search lolita fashion, or like me, just go through your archives and see some of the really old outfits, and coords from awhile ago! There are plenty of blogs and pics going around tumblr to satisfy the need to buy for me!

These are the steps I will take when I get the urge to shop! Even though I can't buy the clothes doesn't mean I can't still enjoy them and the fashion!
I hope this helps any of you out there that are going through the same dry spell as me, future, past or present!

Cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment