Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

My First Loita Meet Up! (Sorta)

Here is what has happened so far in the story!
I don't know how to explain this but I have been to a meet up before, but it was a new friends house warming party! While I did get some pics and it was real fun and I got to meet some awesome new people I kinda consider it like a half meet? Me and Jamie had to leave early and overall I just consider it to be my first step to becoming part of the Lolita Community in my area.

SO MOVING ON...

...to this meet-up!!! 

Here is what happened, a sorta high school friend of mine and Jamie's was having a farewell party because she is leaving. Not the fashion, but the state and thus the community also! I actually got the time off and was able to go to my first High Tea Meet-Up! I was so excited! So first lets do the coord pictures!



  
OUTFIT RUNDOWN~
Jsk: Putumayo Crown Print Check Halter in Pink
Blouse: Bodyline
 Tights: Off of Ebay/ socks from Bodyline
Shoes: An*tai*na
 Bag: Angelic Pretty
Headdress: Sweet Rococo
Accessories: Misc. and Kreepsville 666
Parasol: Alice and the Pirates

Close up on the lace detail and the creepy hand accessories

Close-up on my face/make-up! 
Me and Jamie got ready together and waited for the bus! We took the bus/light rail into Downtown since we don't have cars and it was easier this way. High Tea was going to be at the Brown Palace! I have never been before and was so excited! As it was I was lucky enough to even get a spot for tea! 

What had happened was that my work schedual has been hectic as of late so I didn't know until last minute that I would even be for sure going! By the time I had known for sure... the reservations had closed up for the High Tea! With Jamie's encouagement I went ahead and texted the host for the meet up asking if it would 1) be a big deal if I just showed up anyway or 2) if someone had canceled if I could take there place... And some did cancel right as I was asking! SO LUCKY! So I got to go!

Me and Jamie waiting for the bus!!
 While coming into the city I spotted this guy trying to sneak pictures of us! Shame! Doesn't he know all he had to do was ask!?


 Then we actually got to The Brown Palace and it was breath taking! We made pit stops at the bathroom to freshen up. It was so hot and I was SO SO sweaty! We started to get asked why we were dressed up about this time too. It continued until we went to Karaoke after ward! And of course someone also took a picture of us with out premission so I caught another one again!


HOWEVER! Once he noticed that I noticed him taking pictures he very politely asked us if he could take our picture!

NEXT was us finally getting our table! It was so nice, and did I mention it was my first time not just at the Brown Palace but also for High Tea! It was the coolest tea time I have ever had!

Here are some pictures of that!

The setting at our table was really darling

Finally the food! IT WAS SO GOOD and looks great in pictures

Blurry picture of my green tea I was drinking! It was really good, and I really love Green Tea!
Half way through our tea the hostess announced that she would be giving some prizes away! It was going to be through a raffle based on our reservation numbers. Of course when she first ran the raffle she got her self! Seeing as she was giving away the prizes she didn't want them, so she redid the raffle and I WON!
IT WAS THE FIRST TIME I EVER REALLY WON SOMETHING LIKE THAT I WAS SO EXCITED!
My prize and new stuff animal!

After me, there was still two more prizes to go! The funny thing is that both of those went to the girls next to me! We were all on the same couch, and there was only the three of us on the couch!

Winners circle! Please ignore my face... Photo from Chocolate-hime

 After we were done with tea and talking (I made some awesome new friends by this time!) it was time to take pictures!

This photo is also from chocolate-hime

 Here we all are! We were all pretty tired by this time but still had people coming up to us for pictures! We even had the gentleman who played the piano (he played Disney and other cute songs) come over and thank us! It was weird because he just thanked us alone and no other tables...

After The Brown Palace some of us went to Karaoke! Once getting to the building we meet up with two more lolita's! One was really quite and I didn't quite catch her name and she left early before I got to know her better. The other one was Julie! She was visiting from Huston and was trying to hang out with our community to make new friends and get out and do things! She was so much fun, we actually just had our good bye meet for her which I will be writting about later.

While we where at Karaoke the hostess passed around some more stuff animals to everyone else who was left at the party! It was very generous of her, considering I would have kept them all to myself!!!!!

Here they are doing Karaoke together!!!

 After that we pretty much split up and went home. I am very sad that the hostess is leaving us, espically as I just start getting into my local community! But I am sure we will still talk and keep in touch, the best of luch to her in the future!

I hope you guys liked hearing about my sorta first meet up.
Did you guys do anything fun recently?

Cookie 

No comments:

Post a Comment